Philadelphia, June 30, 2015 — PACT, the Greater Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies, last night announced the winners of the two Philadelphia Enterprise App Challenges (the PACT Wayfinding App Challenge and the PACT Healthcare App Challenge) during an intense live judging round at the Independence Blue Cross Innovation Center.
**This program is funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development**
Independence Blue Cross and the University of Pennsylvania sponsored the competitions. The first place winners received $30,000. The second place winners received $10,000. After a night of live pitching and judge deliberation, PACT announced the winners as follows:
– iDiabetes, second place winner for the PACT Healthcare App Challenge
– Kale powered by Benecure, first place winner for the PACT Healthcare App Challenge.
– Time Machine Walking Tours, second place winner for the PACT Wayfinding App Challenge
– The @UPenn Xperience, first place winner for the PACT Wayfinding App Challenge
Challenge Honors included:
– KALE powered by Benecure, winner of the Validic Prize
– SideGuide, popular choice winner for the PACT Wayfinding App Challenge
– Pneuma – Pedobarographic Mapping for Neuropathy, popular choice winner for the PACT Healthcare App Challenge
“Each of the finalists offered a unique solution to the challenge at hand. It’s amazing to see what new talents arise for Philadelphia,” explained Dean Miller, PACT President and CEO.
Click the link below to read the full press details.
Philadelphia Enterprise App Challenge Results